Friday, August 28, 2009

Day 255, Pammy Cakes and Computer Meltdowns

Oh computer faerie, how many times issues have i had w/ my PC in the past... please grant me something that will last longer than a couple of years :P

So the current situation with my online business has taken a turn for the even worser.. I already havent had any cash flow going into my projects, and my camera has been frozen w/ the shutter open bc of battery failure. Now, the virus on my PC has led me to use a malware, which deleted some drivers, so now that its back up & running.. everything on the Hard Drive has been wiped clean (all my graphic projects, completed & in limbo, and music files from fruity loops) so i have to start anew.. Yes, its been the first time i've cried in quite some time..but i'm now looking forward to newer, better things...greater ideas! Its kind of metaphoric to the way my life is going right now.. if there were a fire, would i be completely crushed? Then relieved to start fresh?

So i've got a plan to purchase a cheap laptop with an external hard drive. It should cost me between $200-$500 depending on how good a deal i can get from my fellow friends and/or neighbors, or both. I feel like even if i get another virus meltdown, i will only lose programs (which can be reinstalled), but no actual files, which will be stored on the external HD.. if i can at least provide this sort of security for myself, i'll be able to rest easy.. ;) Its an investment i'm ready to commit to, its an investment i have no choice to commit to at this point.. (must i always wait until something horrid happens until i actually provide adequit support for my company?) Better this happening now, than say, a year from now, when more important (or more expensive) projects could have been destroyed..

Cant wait until i can get my Illustrator & photoshop programs back up & running.. Have to shop around for the Illustrator, but just need a reg key for the photoshop.. all in due time tho.. Currently, i've been working my wrist raw (a good feeling 'raw' of achievment) sketching by hand & actually making use of the big tupperware box of old art supplies.. i have to admit, i've had that stuff for 4 yrs & havent broke it out until this week! So yes, the loss of the data has opened up many more opportunities in my forgotten physical life! I have gotten so used to sketching on the computer, swaping & storing, yet losing my god-given ability to the paper & pen (yes, i never sketch in pencil.. too much smudging - its the only thing in my life i can commit to, ack!).. but its keeping me sane & focused on the future.

Soon when i'm able to get eveything up & running for the online world, I'll post up some of the ideas i've been having..

Until then......

n_n ~<3

No comments:

Post a Comment